|Within KS2 (Years 2 to 6) our pupils use computers to help research and present their work. They have a range of programs available, (Microsoft Office, Page Plus, Movie Maker,) that allow them to publish their work either electronically or as a professional looking document / publication. In addition they are able to manipulate, create and animate artwork and pictures within the Sans Serif Drawplus and Photoplus programs.Our Key Stage 2 pupils are learning to program using a variety of different systems; Purple Mash 2Code, MSW Logo and Scratch. They have produced their own games which they enjoy sharing and playing.
Our Year 6 children have enjoyed creating their own animation this year using Stop Motion Animator, with amazing results!
- Design, write and debug programs that accomplish specific goals, including controlling or simulating physical systems; solve problems by decomposing them into smaller parts.
- Use sequence, selection, and repetition in programs; work with variables and various forms of input and output.
- Use logical reasoning to explain how some simple algorithms work and to detect and correct errors in algorithms and programs.
- Select, use and combine a variety of software (including internet services) on a range of digital devices to design and create a range of programs, systems and content that accomplish given goals.
- Use technology safely, respectfully and responsibly; recognise acceptable/unacceptable behaviour; identify a range of ways to report concerns about content and contact.
- Understand computer networks including the internet; how they can provide multiple services, such as the World Wide Web; and the opportunities they offer for communication and collaboration.
- Use search technologies effectively, appreciate how results are selected and ranked, and be discerning in evaluating digital content.
- Collecting, analysing, evaluating and presenting data.