|Within KS2 (Years 2 to 6) our pupils use computers to help research and present their work. They have a range of programs available, (Microsoft Office, Page Plus, Movie Maker,) that allow them to publish their work either electronically or as a professional looking document / publication. In addition they are able to manipulate, create and animate artwork and pictures within the Sans Serif Drawplus and Photoplus programs.Our Key Stage 2 pupils are learning to program using a variety of different systems; Purple Mash 2Code, MSW Logo and Scratch. They have produced their own games which they enjoy sharing and playing.
- Design, write and debug programs that accomplish specific goals, including controlling or simulating physical systems; solve problems by decomposing them into smaller parts.
- Use sequence, selection, and repetition in programs; work with variables and various forms of input and output.
- Use logical reasoning to explain how some simple algorithms work and to detect and correct errors in algorithms and programs.
- Select, use and combine a variety of software (including internet services) on a range of digital devices to design and create a range of programs, systems and content that accomplish given goals.
- Use technology safely, respectfully and responsibly; recognise acceptable/unacceptable behaviour; identify a range of ways to report concerns about content and contact.
- Understand computer networks including the internet; how they can provide multiple services, such as the World Wide Web; and the opportunities they offer for communication and collaboration.
- Use search technologies effectively, appreciate how results are selected and ranked, and be discerning in evaluating digital content.
- Collecting, analysing, evaluating and presenting data.
Year 6 – E-Safety Advice…
Our computing, able and talented Year 6 pupils have been talking about Staying Safe Online. During our weekly sessions they’ve put together some fantastic posters, providing advice on the topic.
Please refresh the page if the pdf does not load within 5 seconds.
Download (PDF, 119KB)
Download (PDF, 1.07MB)
Download (PDF, 4.96MB)
Download (PDF, 193KB)
Download (PDF, 464KB)
Download (PDF, 786KB)